The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in Islandmagee is in the townland of Ballymoney. It was built by general subscription in 1829 at a cost of £565 on a site generously donated by Mr James Milliken. It is a single storey slated building 47ft long x 36ft wide. The door is in the south end and there are eight semi circular windows. There is seating for approximately 300 people.
The Chapel was completed and opened for divine worship on Sunday 13th September 1829. The preacher at the opening service was Re. Matthew Tobias, Superintendent of the Belfast Circuit.
Ballymoney National School was built alongside the church in 1861 fulfilling the promise made by the Re. Alexander Mackey, who was responsible for the erection of the Chapel, to provide children with the means of education. The school was in use until 1925.
With God’s blessing the Church will continue to serve the community in the years that lie ahead.